Here's what we ate:
Sun’s Asparagus Recipe
Carrots & celery to dip into roasted red pepper dip
Spinach salad (Rachel)
Penny’s pasta salad
BON’s Apple Crisp
You can click the link to get the carrot recipe.
The roasted red pepper dip was this:
- Two cans of garbanzo beans, drained
- 8 oz of roasted red peppers, drained
- chopped flat leaf parsley
- lemon juice
- oil oil
- salt and pepper
The asparagus was this recipe and it was a total success. I recommend.
- 2 lbs asparagus, medium to thick stems (not too thin)
- olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons butter (not margarine)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4-6 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced lengthwise into 3 pieces (amount of garlic to taste)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or Braggs liquid aminos
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
Snap the ends off the asparagus, lay them flat on the baking sheet. Drizzle with Olive Oil, salt and pepper. Bake for 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat up garlic, butter and oil in a pan. Let cook for five minute, don't let it burn!
Take that off heat, whisk in soy and balsamic.
Put asparagus into a new dish, coat with sauce, and toss in the fridge.
You'd be surprised at how delicious this was!!