Thursday, April 01, 2010

Dude, fo reals?

NY1 this morning had a story about watchdog organizations that want Ronald McDonald to retire because he is fueling childhood obesity.

Oh, really?

Who's buying this food for their tiny children? Does Ronald McDonald come to your house with bags of fries and cheeseburgers, push the healthy meal some hapless parent has prepared off the table and force a child to eat a freaking big mac?

How freaking annoying is that, you guys? If you don't want your kids to eat McDonald's then don't buy it for them. Who's in charge here?

Honestly, a happy meal is not going to hurt your kid. When I was a kid, we had McDonald's like maybe once a month? I don't really know but it was when we had to go to the doctor or something, then my mom would take me through the drive through and we would get something. It was a treat. It wasn't a substitute for a home cooked meal.

I'm just saying, I don't think that freakish clown is the problem.

4 comments:

Randi said...

A-to-the-MEN, Codfish.
Here we go again with liability, accountability and responsibility.

Although I wouldn't be sad to see the clown go.

Ma said...

Would you believe, it`s not the clown that attracts two of my grandchildren it`s the toy in the happy meal box.
Love, Ma

ceedee said...

Hear, hear!
you should totally watch Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution. Its scary to see what people think is OK to feed their kids.

Nancy gurl said...

I LOVE clowns!