Ruthie's Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- 1 lb of Italian pork sausage, (then cooked, drained, crumbled) ** I use spicy.
- 4 1/2 cups cubed day old bread** I get the rolls from the grocery store that come in the bins. You can use any kind of bread.
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 10 eggs slightly beaten
- 2 cups milk** I use skim
- 1 jalapeno seeded and chopped
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped**I added this, Ruthie doesn't use it.
- 1 tsp salt & pepper to taste
Place bread in a greased 9x13 inch baking pan. Sprinkle with cheese, sausage and peppers. Combine the eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
Cover and chill overnight.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake covered for about twenty minutes, then take foil off and bake for another 20 minutes.
Eat with salsa.
Green salad with this awesome dressing:
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and coarsely
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 cup packed cilantro leaves1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Kim's Homemade Scones
Mimosas, screwdrivers & seltzer