Thursday, February 04, 2010

Old Standby

Dude, we used to eat this when I was a kid. It has no name, but for now we'll call it:

The Sausage Casserole
  • Macaroni (but truth be told, you an use any kind of shaped pasta. Penne, fusili. Wheat, white, doesn't matter)
  • Sausage (breakfast sausage, italian hot sausage, any kind of sausage really)
  • Cheese (cheddar is the old standby, but you can also use any kind you have in the fridge)
  • Tomato Soup (when I was a kid, this was Campbell's, now I use Amy's Organic)
Make the noodles, heat up the sausage. Mix everything together and toss it in a covered casserole for 20 or 25 minutes at 375.

Enjoy!!

2 comments:

Ma said...

The "old standby" has gotten a lot healthier. I remember when we used to pour a little of the grease from the sausage on top before baking it, just for flavor.
Love, Ma

Ang said...

It is still my favorite dish that mom makes.