Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Glass Castle

I just finished reading The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls (which I thought that Crusty had reviewed but I must have dreamt that). This memoir is about the Walls family, a family with four kids and pretty nontraditional parents. Because her dad is a drunk and her mother doesn't take care of them, they basically raise themselves.

It's crazy, though. They live in about twenty different desert towns and eventually settle in Welch, W. Virginia, which must be one of the most god forsaken parts of the United States.

Anyways, I'm not sure if I recommend, but it did keep me interested. If you've read it, let me know what you think.

3 comments:

Randi said...

I read this one. Crusty bought it for me.

ceedee said...

I thought this book was phenomenal. Unreal what people do to their kids, eh? I thought it was an interesting look at poverty, things I (hopefully) will never have to deal with!

Nancy gurl said...

Howdy, pal.
Read it and met Jeanette a few years back. Crazy story. Rumor has it they are making a movie out of it though--too bad