Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Toffee Bars

Made these last night for work (and for me and babe!) and they are so good. My mom and sister used to make these all the time. Probably still do.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Cream one egg and one cup light brown sugar and one cup softened margarine
Add one tablespoon of vanilla
Add 2 cups of flour
Mix it all together
Spread it on the big long cookie sheet
Bake for 15-20 mins at 350 until it is light brownish
While its still hot and done, put about 4 hershey bars on top and let them melt then spread them around
Sprinkle with 1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Seriously? YUM.

2 comments:

Ma said...

Dude,

We used to use margarine in that recipe but we use butter now. Margarine was in the days before we knew about trans fats which is contained in margarine. Ang made some the other day and they were more yummy with butter.
Love, Ma

Ang said...

I pretty much ate all of the ones I took to my house. They were so good!