Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Libros



Sorry about the lame placement of these pictures. Sometimes Blogger super sucks.

So, I just finished two books that I need to tell you about.

First, The Hunger Games, was recommended to me by a friend of mine who is a high school teacher. It's a book that takes place in America, after wars, drought and famine have screwed up life as we know it. In order to keep the people down, the government, each year, holds annual games called The Hunger Games. Each of the country's 12 districts (sorta like regions of the US) sends two teenagers to compete in the games - to the death! Yikes. It's a scary, fast moving, action adventure, with a tiny bit of romance. I read it in one day. Be forewarned, though, it's a series, so get ready for a couple more.

The other book, The Absolutely True Story of a Part Time Indian by Sherman Alexie could not be more different. This book is about a kid who lives on the Spokane Indian reservation in Washington. It's an easy book about his first year of high school. The kid is a cartoonist so the book is full of the hilarious and wonderful little comics that he draws. I laughed, I cried, I wish this book was required reading for everyone. It's so funny and smart. Read it.

Those are my two adolescent fiction reads from this week. More to come next week!

1 comment:

Randi said...

Give Tiger Eyes by Judy Blume a second read for me and let me know if it's still as good as I want to remember it being.