Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Holiday Travel

We're flying on Christmas eve. I can't figure out if that is a good thing or a bad thing. I generally think it is going to be bad. At least the weather is supposed to be good.

I booked a flight on Delta, which if you rearrange the letters can spell out THE WORST AIRLINES IN THE WORLD, to leave at 4pm on Christmas eve. Then about four months ago I got an email that said they changed my flight to leave at 8pm, arriving in San Diego at 11:30. On Christmas eve. Factor in the inevitable delays and I will be in San Diego at 2:30 AM Christmas morning, or 5:30 AM NYC time. I called to bitch, complain, and change my flight, to no avail.

Any-ways. Babe sent me this article this morning from the Gothamist, "Police Called to Quell 'Unruly Crowd' at JFK."

Someday, we won't have to travel for the holidays. Someday.

3 comments:

Randi said...

With the crazy wind we're having in Oxnard plus the b.s. snow storms back east, I'm wondering what kind of nightmare we'll encounter tomorrow.

Randi said...

PS - if you mix Delta you also get
"D-late" as in delayed. Heh

Ang said...

I hope you are not delayed dude.