Thursday, December 17, 2009

2009 - Magazines

In 2009, I subscribed to three magazines: The New Yorker, New York Magazine, and Vanity Fair. By the end of 2009, I decided to get rid of NY Magazine. I swear it makes me dumber for the reading. I don't know how these articles get written, how the claims can be so un-substantiated and how they compete with real magazines.

I did, however, like the article they did on Letterman, though, because I love Letterman and thought it was well balanced. The article that tipped me over the edge, though, as you'll recall, was the one where they said I lived in the Greater Williamsburg area. I decided not to renew.

The New Yorker, I still love. Though I am often full of guilt because I don't read it as much as I should.

And Vanity Fair, beautiful Vanity Fair. They have the best pictures, the best stories, the best covers. I just love it. Have a look, for example, at these pictures they took of the Mad Men cast. Yum!

***
I also subscribe to Money magazine for Babe, and receive Family Circle and Women's Day from my MIL. Thanks, MIL!

1 comment:

Randi said...

We subscribed to some men's magazine and then they went out of business or something so we ended up with Men's Journal or some shit.
We also get Entertainment Weekly and Vanity fair but decided to only renew our EW subscription so we can focus on reading books. And there you have it.