So, in honor of the Chickahominy, and because I had an unopened package of Bisquick Heart Healthy in the cupboard, I made chicken and dumplings for dinner last night. Want the recipe? Here it is.
Quick and Easy Chicken and Dumplings
- 1 1/2 cups fat free milk
- 1 cup frozen green peas and carrots (I used a 10 oz package of frozen veggies, including carrots, peas, corn and green beans).
- 1 cup cut-up cooked chicken (I used a bit more. See, when I made the chicken for the chicky enchilalas on Sunday, I made two extra pieces, so I could have it for my chicken an dumplings later in the week. Amazing.)
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup (Healthy request, of course)
- 1 cup Original Bisquick® mix (I use Heart Healthy)
- 1/3 cup milk
- Paprika, if desired
2. Stir Bisquick mix and 1/3 cup milk until soft dough forms. Drop dough by 8 spoonfuls onto chicken mixture (do not drop directly into liquid). Sprinkle with paprika.
3. Cook uncovered over low heat 10 minutes. Cover and cook 10 minutes longer.