Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Wander

Dude, I want to go somewhere. I love Brooklyn, and I love being a home body and all that jazz, and getting my life in order, and blah blah blah, but I really want to do a little traveling, ya'all.

I keep interviewing all these graduate students who either just got back from Europe, are leaving tomorrow for Tokyo, or are about to embark on a three week vacay to Bangladesh.

Me? Not so much. Don't get me wrong, I'm super stolked to see my familials in just shy of a week here. I can't wait to chill out and play with the niece and nephew and chat it up with my sisters and folkses.

But I'd really be stolked to be planning a trip somewhere far far away where the cuisine is strange, the language is not english, and it's just me and babe against the world. Babe! Let's go!

6 comments:

mil said...

like a trip to Denver? well babe thinks of it as another country! haha

Randi said...

I'm surprised you don't think of Colonial Williamsburg as "strange."

Cindy said...

You heading back to so cal? I'd love to drive down there for a lunch date or somthing if you've got a few free hours?of course, I would be happy to overlap with some family time! Let me know! I've got nothin but time these days...

Ma said...

We`ll try to give you and Babe some time to be alone while you visit in Wisc. Then I will have my brother shoot some wild turkey and squirrels and we`ll cook`em up for you guys dinner. You talk about strange things to eat. Haute cuisine. ha, ha
Love, Ma

Ang said...

Can't wait to see you guys dude!

Drew said...

Not to pile on, but M and I are leaving for Italy/Slovenia/Croatia/Portugal on Friday...