Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Eskimo Pies

I'm making a list of things to talk to you about so I don't run out. Eskimo Pies is on my list. These delicious chocolate-y treats taste exactly the same as they did in my youth. I had one (two, okay) when I was home in San Diego. Love them! Is the packaging somewhat racist? Did it used to be worse? Are you allowed to say eskimo? All questions I have. Either way, delicious.

Reminds me of that guy, that one time, who got on the subway and started handing out ice cream bars. Member him? Me and Babe were on the way home from a Yankee game, I think, (*by the way - go Yanks!) and this fella sat down in his muscle tee and hard core looks. Proceeded to pull out a box of ice cream sandwiches, the old skool delicious kind, and handed one to the guy sitting next to him. The guy was like, really?? He then handed one to the guy on his other side. Yay for sharing.

3 comments:

Randi said...

From Wikipedia:
Eskimos or Esquimaux are indigenous peoples who have traditionally inhabited the circumpolar region from eastern Siberia (Russia), across Alaska (United States) and Canada, and all of Greenland (Denmark).

I guess they could be called Ethiopian bars...

Nancy gurl said...

The Eskimo pie was one of the FEW treats Maria had in the house. It really was either that or raisens.

LOL

bethany said...

This has got to be my favorite post yet. And it completely makes me want to buy a box of ice cream bars and hand them out on the subway. So cute!

Also, i don't think you're supposed to say Eskimo these days, but it is one of the most fun words to say out loud, no?