Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Building Collapse

Went out to get a few groceries at Associated, on Myrtle Ave. yesterday. You know, some cascade, shredded Parmesan, a rolled up pizza crust and some tortillas. Your basics. And I had totally forgotten about this building collapse right across the street! Read about it here.

You don't see that every day. I mean, for awhile there, in NYC you definitely could see it nearly every day, but I didn't. They were tearing down the building next to it and people had no chance to take out their stuff before the building was demolished. Babe said he saw AC units, computers, clothing flying all over the place.

BTW: I took this picture with my phone. First camera phone, ever. So 2001.

4 comments:

Nancy gurl said...

So your new phone is really an old phone?

mil said...

i cannot believe that your old MIL is so waaaay ahead of you by having had a camera phone for over 5 years!!! LOL!!!

Randi said...

Cascade.

Ang said...

I saw this on the local news last night. I was wondering if it was near your house.