Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Lean times

Times are lean without Twilight and having given up beer and candy for Lent. Someone brought a bag of Heath bars and they are sitting outside of my desk. Might as well put a nice frosty mug of Sixpoint Sweet Action out there, too.
***
The Great Recession, huh? It really is as bad as it sounds. I am so thankful I have a job and one that keeps me so busy that sometimes I can't believe there are so few hours in the day. Look at this map, you guys. It's incredible.
***
I swear I am going to try to leave at 5:30 today - I'm totally out of pomade for my hair and moisturizer for my face and dammit if I'm not going to leave at a reasonable hour to get such supplies. And I have to water my friend's plants.
***

3 comments:

Randi said...

I forgot to moisturize my face this a.m. Not pretty.

Ma said...

That map was totally interesting. California looks pretty grim in the unemployment percentages. San Diego Co. was 7.4% then just to the east of us is Imperial Co. with 22.07%!
We`re also thankful for having jobs. Hope things turn around soon for the country.
Love, Ma

Nancy gurl said...

Lent? You gave up something for Lent?