- My feet hurt.
- On Sunday, they gave us all pink balloons. Do you guys know how much I love balloons? It might be a little known fact that you actually don't already know about me. I love them. We were on 6th avenue and there were thousands of women walking down the street with pink balloons. What a sight to see!
- 39.3 miles (a marathon and a half) takes 15 hours to walk. I got sort of dehydrated on Saturday so suffered some on Sunday but really enjoyed myself overall.
- I think professional athletes must, in part, do it for the cheering. The people who cheered were tremendous!! They really gave you that extra push when you needed it.
- Thanks so much to all of you who donated. I'll send out notes this week but I really just have to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. You guys rock.
- Did I mention my feet hurt?
- I really do love the color pink.
- Lots and lots and lots of women have lost peeps to breast cancer. And a few men were walking solo for their moms and that really broke my heart a little bit.
- This was a great experience and I plan to do it again.
- I think that's all for now!
Monday, October 06, 2008
I did it!! I walked 39.3 miles to save the boobs. I'll give you photos tomorrow but for now, some impressions: