Monday, October 06, 2008

Tatas

I did it!! I walked 39.3 miles to save the boobs. I'll give you photos tomorrow but for now, some impressions:
  • My feet hurt.
  • On Sunday, they gave us all pink balloons. Do you guys know how much I love balloons? It might be a little known fact that you actually don't already know about me. I love them. We were on 6th avenue and there were thousands of women walking down the street with pink balloons. What a sight to see!
  • 39.3 miles (a marathon and a half) takes 15 hours to walk. I got sort of dehydrated on Saturday so suffered some on Sunday but really enjoyed myself overall.
  • I think professional athletes must, in part, do it for the cheering. The people who cheered were tremendous!! They really gave you that extra push when you needed it.
  • Thanks so much to all of you who donated. I'll send out notes this week but I really just have to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. You guys rock.
  • Did I mention my feet hurt?
  • I really do love the color pink.
  • Lots and lots and lots of women have lost peeps to breast cancer. And a few men were walking solo for their moms and that really broke my heart a little bit.
  • This was a great experience and I plan to do it again.
  • I think that's all for now!

6 comments:

m.i.l. said...

we are so proud of you!!!!!!!
congratulations on making it throught the whole thing! you are fantastic!

Buzz said...

Atta Girl!

Followed your progress via texts sent to Randi, really awesome stuff Cod!

Nancy said...

Congrats to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Randi said...

I am super proud of you, homeslice! I hope next time we can do it together.
I'm wearing a pink ribbon today. Just for you.
xoxo

unknown legend said...

You are awesome!!! Great job girl.

Solanasaurus said...

Thanks on behalf of everyone with tatas!