Thursday, October 23, 2008

Lucky


Poor BFF. We're both just working throughout the day, throwing the occasional email back and forth. Not much thought goes into them, it's something to do whilst working away. You know the drill. Perhaps?

Well sometimes she says things and I get so irate back and she really doesn't mean anything bad by them at all. And I'm not really irate, really, I just let my mouth go and there you have it.

It sometimes has to do with the word "Luck."

Peeps loves to use that word and I don't like it one bit. Cuz I think being lucky has only a little bit to do with everything we end up with in life.

For example, I am not lucky that I have a good job. I have a good job because I have like a million degrees and I work my ass off.

I am lucky I was born in America, though, because that's just luck of the draw, right?

I don't think I'm lucky that I'm married to Babe. I think that was fate or destiny or just being in an awesome relationship that we both take very seriously, but I don't think it's luck.

I am lucky he didn't go to Cal Tech, cuz then I never would have met him.

Is that true? Do you guys feel lucky when you arrive at your desk in the morning? What a stroke of luck that I've landed in this position! Or do you feel you've earned it? What about sig others? Do you feel lucky you are in the relationship you're in or do you feel you've got something real going on that took a lot of time?

What's luck got to do with it anyways?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Word. I'm with you. Luck is an excuse people use when they can't take accountability of their successes and failures. Own it bitches!

Don't get me wrong, luck is always a factor but it is not the full reason or even major factor of why something does or doesn't work out. If you do well, pop your collar. If you don't, own your failure and learn from it. Be the master of your domain...or at least save the bitching and moaning for someone who wants to listen. Nuff said.
Omeez

Ma said...

I have tried to strike the word luck from my vocabulary. I don`t believe in it either. When something good happens to me unexpectedly and I don`t know what or to whom to attribute it I usually say, I was fortunate.

You`re right though most stuff we know we worked hard or tried hard and attained something.

Anonymous said...

Luck (i.e. random fate that becomes good or bad) plays some part in most everything, but in the end we make our own luck....

Anyways, some Sugar Skull Decorating Suggestions:

Dr. Jerry Salami
Trig Palin
Dioner Navarro
Scary Meth Dealing Biker Dude

Thanks again for the toothsome lasagna and beaucoup good times making skulls!

Jessica said...

I have a great job because I, too, have a million degrees, and I work hard, and I'm smart, and I'm driven.

I do believe in fate or destiny when it comes to our partners; if any of a plethora of little things had gone a different way, I wouldn't have my wonderful man. Luck had nothing to do with it.

Randi said...

Haha. Love this.