Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Magazines

Dude, I love reading magazines. I love getting them in the mail, I love perusing them on the subway, love looking at the pictures. I work very hard not to get too many magazines, because then you just end up feeling guilty. You know what I mean by the guilt? I have subscriptions to: The New Yorker, New York Magazine, and Vanity Fair. Not bad, right? Not too many, not too few.

New York Magazine is pretty annoying. Like I like reading it but they are so out of touch with my reality sometimes it's a little crazy. In any event, they cover all sorts of stories interesting to NYers.

However, this morning I began to question who else is reading NY Magazine. I was reading the letters to the editor (easily my favorite page in any magazine) and found this, in the magazine's round up of online comments:

"Every woman I've talked to is enthralled to the point of tears that Palin is on the ticket. I've not seen this level of excitement in politics ever!"

Um, I'm sorry. Who? Enthralled to the point of tears? Maybe because of misery. Who are these people talking to???

2 comments:

Randi said...

Dear 8 pound 6 ounce baby Jesus,
Please protect me from those that are in tears of joy over that horrible woman.
Amen.

Michele S said...

That woman must not talk to many people, ever. She obviously needs to get out more.