Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Morning!

Well thats two count them two days in a row I've gotten here before 8:30. What's come over me? I think its just California time. Ha!
***
We ate at The General Greene in our neighborhood in Brooklyn the other night. It had the best review I've ever read from NY Magazine, so we decided to give it a try. It's also right down the street.

It was delicious. I'm not sure if it was as hype-worthy as the magazine suggested, but it was delicious. I wondered if it was surprise that led them to such a stunning review - a restaurant this good on Dekalb? Perhaps.

Either way - I've got two words for you: Candied Bacon. Like the sound of it? You'll love the way it tastes. This restaurant is a small plate type of place so you get to order a lot of things and share them. Super fun, because you get to try so many things. We had:
  • a salad made of edamame, asparagus and mint. YUM!
  • a twice baked potato (hello candied bacon, my old friend.)
  • Red couscous with walnuts and something else.
  • the steak with chimichurri sauce.
  • the baked beans (skip em, they weren't that good).
  • the deviled eggs. (for free b/c we had to wait so long for our table. Thanks a lot NY magazine!)
  • ooh my favorite - an iceberg wedge salad with blue cheese and, yup, you guessed it, candied bacon.
  • the prawns (I didn't eat them.)
I'd say go. Check it out. It's worth it and it wasn't that expensive. You go DeKalb!

2 comments:

Randi said...

Chimichurri reminds me of:
Chim Chiminy Chim Chiminy Chim Chim Charoo,dude.
Fucking Mary Poppins.
HOLLERL!

Randi said...

no need for that L there at the end of HOLLER!
BTW? My word verification is guuuru. Hehe.