Monday, July 07, 2008

Hark! I hear the cannons roar. Is it the king approaching?

That's a line from a movie, by the way. The title of my post. Can anyone guess it? I know Ang can.
***
How was your three day weekend? Did you do a lot of action packed bar b queing? Was it tremendous? My 4th was fairly easy. Watched a lot of baseball, went to a BBQ, watched the works from the pad.
***
Sunday was like an old fashioned Sunday, before we moved to Brooklyn. Ate brunch at Essex in the LES - a great spot with unlimited mimosas and pretty but not too obnoxious people. Went and had a drink (or two) at Schiller's Liquor, just down the block from Essex. Walked around the village for awhile, window shopped, picked up wine at Warehouse on Broadway, had a beer outside at Wogie's, waved at all the tourists going by on buses. Took the 2/3 up to Harlem for a delicious dinner at R&Js, played WII and took the 2/3 back home.
***
Sign me up - I'll do the whole thing again.
***

No comments: