Thursday, July 24, 2008

Franny's

I love pizza. I do. I think its one of the food groups and a treat unto itself. I think pizza once a week is totally a good idea and if you can swing it, both in terms of your waistline, well and thats it, then you should.

So when someone tells me that they just had the best pizza they've ever had, I take that seriously. My coworker said just that about Franny's in Brooklyn.

The best pizza in Brooklyn, huh? What about that one way down in the nether regions of Brooklyn, Di Fara's? That's supposed to be the best. Or that one in Cobble Hill or the one right under the Brooklyn Bridge?

Well, we set out to give it a shot and I must say, it was pretty good.

The crust was deliciously thin and flaky, the toppings sparse and wonderful, the tomato sauce zesty and delicious. But we weren't prepared for the prices. 16 or 17 for a tiny one person pie?? A glass of wine for $10??? I'm sorry, what? This is pizza, right? And we're not at Otto, right? We are on Flatbush Avenue?

Just checking.

2 comments:

Randi said...

I sometimes feel that way about Topper's... like $20 for a medium pizza a veces seems outrageous.

m.i.l. said...

sounds like you are in need of a Chicago 7 pizza!!!!!