Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Short History

I'd seen this book around a bit so decided to give it a shot. At first, I totally didn't dig it - what do I care about Ukrainian tractors? As it turns out though, it ended up being really funny and had a great ending which is more than I can say for a lot of books - even ones that I like (White Teeth by Zadie Smith, for example. Excellent book, terrible ending.)

In the spirit of reading recommendations, and given that today is the biggest primary like ever, this is also a thought-provoking article about politics and feminism. Because this is New York Magazine don't expect any incredible reporting but I do think the article offers good points.

There. Now do your reading.

1 comment:

Randi said...

Damn. I wanted to say:

I want to read for pleasure
:o(