Monday, January 14, 2008

Request for Titles

Brilliant weekend, folks, in the British way, Scooter...GO PACKERS!!!!!!!!....I can't believe both the Packers and the Chargers won this weekend! I mean, I totally believe the Packers won, I wasn't worried at all. Even when the game started with Seattle scoring two touchdowns I still wasn't worried...But the Chargers! They fought so hard and won! You go fellas!...Watched multiple movies, 16 Blocks with Mos Def and Bruce Willis and Music and Lyrics with Drew Barrymore and Hugh Grant...A few words on the lovely Drew Barrymore...I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Drew b/c of her close resemblance to BFF, however her acting voice and doe-y eyes kind of got on my nerves in this RomCom. Both were great - 16 Blocks was action packed and fun, a NYC movie with a few twists and turns and that horrible man from House, David Morse, who makes my stomach turn...and Music and Lyrics was funny and stupid. Loved it! ... I also read a book, Water for Elephants, and enjoyed the heck out of reading it! It was about a fella who joins the circus, and mystery, murder, and lotsa bootleg drinking ensue...Which brings me to a question, a favor, if you will! Would you please tell me the best book you read in 2007? I'd like to read it.

(PS - I feel kind of bad for dissing on Drew Barrymore. I love her. She just kind of gets on my nerves.)

8 comments:

Randi said...

Let me offer you solace, she totally gets on my nerves sometimes too and nobody loves that bitch more than I do.
50 First Dates?
Or when she introduces Glen Goulia to Sammy?
Etc.

Drew said...

Omnivore's Dilemma

Mona said...

was not a fan of the romcom music and lyrics. quite awful really. check out p.s. i love you. seriously it was great. ok, what's your e-mail? i'm going to send you an ud invite asap.
m

MIL said...

bff and drew.....twins separated at birth :) ha-ha

Nano said...

Random Families is the name of the book. Changed my life.

ceedee said...

Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight by Alexandra Fuller. Also, I really enjoyed the Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver, but some people did not enjoy it as much as I had. Hope this helps!

ceedee said...

Oooh, one more. Are you there God, Its Me, Margaret by Judy Blume. If you haven't read that one in a while, it's a fun flashback :)

Ruby Do said...

I agree with Nano about Random Families. I also LOVED the Incredible Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz.