Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Open Letter to DVR

Dearest DVR,

Thank you very much for coming into my life. I appreciate what you've done for me and the myriad of shows I am now able to enjoy.

From last night's premiere of American Idol, fast forwarding horrible singers and long commercial breaks, plus some clips of crying families, to recording a whole marathon of America's Next Top Model off of MTV, to daily episodes of Ellen so I can watch her monologue even when I'm not home sick, you have changed my life.

DVR, at a mere $8.00 a month, I will gladly cancel netflix, drink coffee only 4 days a week, or sell two cds a month to finance you.

As that guy in that horribly lame song says:

" You're beautiful. You're beautiful. You're beautiful, it's true."

Love,

Codfish

1 comment:

Randi said...

My brother was hyped on his rewindable TV over the weekend because he was so busy going back and forth he missed a couple of Dallas's solid plays. No biggie, just do your own instant replay.
One day, man. One day I, too shall have this technology.