Thursday, May 31, 2007
Wednesday, May 30, 2007
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
up in Fort Tryon park. They were pretty, I'll post a photo tomorrow. It was a little muggy this weekend, as you may have noticed, but the view was gorgeous. Then we hit up Dinosaur Bar-B-Que, one of the best places to eat in Manhattan, I think.
The next day we did brunch in the Village and a little bit of shopping and cruising around. We went to Afghan Kabob for dinner - another one of our favorite spots! Yesterday we hit Brooklyn to show the folks where we're moving. We went to the Habana Outpost and drank some delicious frozen mojitos. All in all a great weekend!!
Friday, May 25, 2007
Thursday, May 24, 2007
From NY Times:
The city agreed yesterday to pay $2 million to the parents of a young man killed in a Brooklyn stairwell, ending a three-year effort to account for the damage done by a single bullet fired by a police officer...
For the city, the settlement was one of several recent ones involving police shootings. The city reached an agreement last year to pay $3 million to the family of Ousmane Zongo, a West African immigrant shot dead by a police officer in a storage warehouse in Chelsea. In 2004, it agreed to pay $3 million to the family of Amadou Diallo, who was killed in a hail of 41 police bullets in the Bronx. And in 2003, it agreed to pay $2.25 million to the family of Patrick M. Dorismond, an unarmed security guard shot dead by a detective outside a bar.
Wednesday, May 23, 2007
****Well, you guys, I'll post official scores and comments later, but I must stay...Luger's has amazing steak but not necessarily the best burgers!***
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
1. You hung out with? Babe. 2. You text messaged? Joolay. 3. You were in a car with? Babe. 4. You watched a movie with? pals. 5. Went to the mall with? Family. 6. Person you talked to on the phone? BFF. 7. Last person you hugged? Babe. 8. You emailed? boss. 9. to make you laugh? Babe. 10. animal you saw? dead. 11. meal you ate? chops. 12. purchase you made? coffee. 13. mall it or mail-order it? what?
WOULD YOU RATHER...?
1. Watch the news online or on tv? online 2. Be serious or be funny? Funny 3. Drink whole or skim milk? neither. 4. Die in a fire or get shot? wow. 5. Be lonely or alone? Alone 6. talk or text? text 7. cat or dog? dogie. 8. pedi or mani? pedi
WHICH DO YOU RELATE TO?
1. Sun or moon?moon 2. Winter or Fall? Fall. 3. Left or right? Righty. 4. Sunny or rainy? sunny. 5. Doctor Who or Doctor Spock? Doctor Spock 6. Conformist or Nonconformist? Nonconformist.
1. Over or under 30? Under 2. Favorite Cult Movie? warriors. 3. How much sleep do you require? 7 4. Favorite pagan holiday? halloween. 5. Favorite magazine? newyorker 6. Where do you live? City. 8. Do you want to get married? am. 9. Do you twirl your spaghetti or cut it? twirl 10. Do You Cook? yes. 11. Current mood? pensive. 12. Kids? sooncome.
IN THE LAST 48 HOURS HAVE YOU...
1. Kissed someone? yes. 2. Bought something? food. 3. Been hugged? yes. 4. Cried? sopranos.
YES OR NO QUESTIONS:
Q: Kissed someone on your top friends? wha??? Q: Been arrested? no. Q: Kissed someone you didn't like? yes Q: Held a snake? yes Q: Been suspended from school? no Q: Done something you told yourself you wouldn't? yes Q: Laughed until you started crying? Yes Q: Caught a snowflake on your tongue? Yes Q: Kissed in the rain? yes Q: Sang in the shower? yes Q: Sat on a roof top? yes Q: Been pushed into a pool with all your clothes on? no. Q: Broken a bone? no Q: Shaved your head? no Q: Had/have a gym membership? yes. Q: Made a girlfriend/boyfriend cry? yes Q: Shot a gun? no. Q: Donated Blood? no. Q: Had your heart broken? yes Q: Broken someone's heart? nah.
Monday, May 21, 2007
Friday, May 18, 2007
Thursday, May 17, 2007
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Your Quit Date is: Tuesday, May 10, 2005 at 10:15:00 PM
Time Smoke-Free: 729 days, 8 hours, 30 minutes and 51 seconds
Cigarettes NOT smoked: 10940
Lifetime Saved: 2 months, 23 days, 13 hours
Money Saved: $3,832.50
I had my two year not smoking anniversary! Hooray for me!
Tuesday, May 08, 2007
Friday, May 04, 2007
Wednesday, May 02, 2007
*Three Things That Scare Me
Three People Who Make Me Laugh
*Three Things I Love
1. My life
3. My apartment
*Three Things I Hate
1. Zits on my forehead
3. Gaining weight
*Three Things I Don’t Understand
2. How people can love mushrooms
3. The NRA
*Three Things On My Desk
1. My jade plant *ACE*
2. Running with Scissors by Augusten Burroughs
*Three Things I Want To Do Before I Die
1. Go to Fiji
2. Master pilates
3. Pay off my credit card bills
*Three Things I Can Do
1. Get 'er done
2. Make it happen
3. Be relied upon
*Three Things I Can’t Do
1. Speak German
2. Eat shrimp
3. Apparently my work.
*Three Things I Think You Should Listen To
1. Pearl Jam
2. Your heart
*Three Things You Should Never Listen To
1. Smashing Pumpkins
2. The President
3. Fox News
*Three Things I’d Like To Learn
1. German. :0
*Three Favorite Foods
3. Who am I kidding? Put it in front of me and I'll probably dig it.
*Three Things I Regret
1. Having a credit card in college
Tuesday, May 01, 2007
| You scored as Stan Marsh. You're Stan Marsh! Probably the sanest of the group, you're the mastermind behind the good plans and can easily resolve problems. To you love is amazing, and you're probably already in it. You can be a smart ass and don't have a problem saying what's on your mind. And you're probably an activist. Dude, this is pretty fucked up right here.|
What South Park Character Are You?
created with QuizFarm.com
Because of the Continental, I had the lyrics to the Scissor Sisters "Take Your Mama" in my head all weekend. Here are a few and a link to the full.
"Take Your Mama"
Gonna take your mama out all night
Yeah we'll show her what it's all about
We'll get her jacked up on some cheap champagne
We'll let the good times all roll out
And if the music ain't good, well it's just too bad
We're gonna sing along no matter what
Because the dancers don't mind at the New Orleans
If you tip 'em and they make a cut
Now we end up takin' the long way home
Lookin' overdressed wearin' buckets of stale cologne
It's so hard to see streets on a country road
When your glasses in the garbage
And your Continental's just been towed