Monday, August 20, 2007

Little Branch

This bar is simply wonderful. You feel like you are the only person who knows about it as you're walking up to it. There is a simple gold plaque on the front announcing its name - Little Branch - and you go straight downstairs. They have tiny booths for two people and the lighting is low (as are the ceilings).

I ordered a vodka tonic - they don't have the usual kind of vodka I order, they have two different kinds, both "handmade" whatever that means. They bring you your drink with a huge block of ice and a bottle of tonic for you to mix yourself. Babe ordered the Bartender's Special and they came out with one of the most delicious drinks I've ever tasted.

I'd been here before once and had a beautiful time, but Babe hadn't been yet. So we had a little anniversary drink. We also had tried to go one time on a Friday night but there was a line outside and I was furious. So we moved to Brooklyn.

No comments: