Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Fortune Cookie Philosophy from the Desk of Coodence

You know I save the heck out of these things. So, another installment of fortune cookie philosophy is here! Forgive the repeats, but some are just that important. Besides, now they may mean more to you than they have in the past.
  • A new friendship will bring unexpected joy.
  • The night life is for you.
  • It tastes sweet.
  • Grasp opportunities you will win.
  • Try not to stand on your own side during an argument.
  • Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off the goal.
  • Your ideals are well within your reach.
  • Your family is young gifted and attractive.
  • Rest has a peaceful effect on your physical and emotional health.
  • Be indifferent to snide remarks.
  • You are one of the people who "goes places in life."
And, my favorite, and one that I really live by:
  • Pray for what you want but work for the things you need.

3 comments:

enth said...

I got one pinned to my wall here:

"Ask not what your fortune cookie can do for you, but what you can do for your fortune cookie"

I used to have one that said something like:

"You have a magnetic personality"

Funny for someone who works with MRI.

Randi said...

"You will find pleasures by the seashore" is my favorite but I found this one in my purse:
You will be called upon to help a friend in trouble.
Is it you? If so let me ditch my glasses and hop into my cape.

Jessica said...

I used to have fortunes pinned to my bulletin board . . . is it bad luck that they seem to have disappeared?