Thursday, August 10, 2006

Misc. Items

Hello coodence!
Your Quit Date is:Tuesday, May 10, 2005 at 10:15:00 PM
Time Smoke-Free:456 days, 8 hours, 59 minutes and 18 seconds
Cigarettes NOT smoked:6846
Lifetime Saved:1 month, 22 days, 7 hours
Money Saved:$2,399.25

Yah ya did. Translation: Fifteen months! No joke. And I'm just starting to finally lose that dreaded 10 pounds I gained when I kicked the habit. But exercising is way easier now that my lungs aren't full of nasty s.h.i.t.
***
Wanted to talk about such mundane things this morning as eyebrow threading and the weather, but then there was the whole thwarted terrorist plot to blow up planes headed from the UK to the US of A. You know what? I'm still going to talk about eyebrows and the weather.

The weather is as it should have been the whole month of June. It's perfect out, 70s or 80s and low humidity. Man, it's nice.

Eyebrow threading - I finally went. Being that I am Indian, I should have gotten this done a long time ago by some lady out in Queens, but I didn't and I hadn't. So I went over to a little place here in the Village and darnit if she didn't just do the best job ever. For only $7 she made me look super duper fantastic. Sold, and I'll never do a wax again.

And I 'spose you heard about the thwarted plan. It's one of those instances where you will now hear the word thwarted 47 times today compared with 0 yesterday. Good thing Scotland Yard is looking out. I can't believe people take that name seriously - Scotland Yard. It just sounds like Sir Arthur Conan Doyle to me.

5 comments:

M.I.L. said...

CONGRATS COD!!! keep up the great work, we love you and want you to stick around ya know?!!

think i have already heard 'thwarted' over 47 times and it's just after 8am here!

Anonymous said...

sooooo........since we now can't carry on those dangerous items like roll on deo, lip gloss, lense cleaner does that mean we can start bringing the box cutters on again? i mean after all....you never know when you are going to run across one of those pesky boxes that need opening while you are flying!

Anonymous said...

6 weeks yesterday with no smoking for me - and not 1 cookie from Mrs. P...I ask...where's the justice?

Anonymous said...

6 weeks yesterday with no smoking for me - and not 1 cookie from Mrs. P...I ask...where's the justice?

M.I.L. said...

oh you poor lad!!!!! what a b---- that mrs. p is!!!!

p.s. but MAYBE she didn't know you had stopped AGAIN!