Monday, August 07, 2006

From NY Magazine

This cracks me up b/c it is so true:

Read the Story
See the map.

"I've seen Brad Pitt.

I’ve seen Steve Martin. I’ve seen Gwyneth Paltrow carrying Apple in her arms. I’ve seen Drew Barrymore with her boyfriend, that drummer from the Strokes. I’ve seen Martin Amis, Jonathan Lethem, Eugene Levy, and Michael Imperioli. I’ve seen Liv Tyler and Willem Dafoe on the same day in the Village, Phoebe Cates on the Upper West Side, Jimmy Fallon at Rockefeller Center, Josh Hartnett in Tribeca, and Patricia Clarkson near Washington Square. I once turned around at a book launch and nearly bumped into Julianne Moore, red-haired and delicate and smaller in person than you’d expect. I saw Jennifer Connelly shopping in a store in Brooklyn, along with her husband, Paul Bettany; she too was smaller in person, and he, jackknifed over a stroller, seemed much taller and slightly pissed off. Maybe because I was staring at his wife. Well, not staring, exactly, just trying to place her, in that I know I know you from somewhere way, and it took me a second too long, which meant she got that Please don’t say anything look of fright on her face, so I got that Oh, no, don’t worry, I’m not crazy look, which only made me look like I was definitely crazy.

But did I say anything to these celebrities? Did I ask for an autograph? Did I stop and gawk and snap a camera-phone picture and squeal that this was the greatest day of my life, at least since last weekend, when I saw Mike D of the Beastie Boys at that place just off Avenue A?

Of course not. I live in New York.

I don’t care about celebrities."

________________________________________________

For the record, and for my part, I've seen:

Liv Tyler, Julianne Moore, Willam Defoe, Jodi Foster, Gwenyth & Husband, Brooke Shields, Beyonce, Mike D from the Beastie Boys, Will Smith, Kevin James, Benjamin Bratt, and Johnny Knoxville!!, Mr. Big and Cynthia Nixon from Sex in the City, and, to round it out, Mario Batali.

How bout you? Who've you seen?

6 comments:

Angela said...

Will Smith, Kevin James, Patricia Heaton, and Beyonce. This was all on the same trip to NYC. I'm sure I've seen more, but can't think right now. Operating on 4 hrs of sleep. Oh, the last time I was in NYC (last year) I saw Mary Louise Parker in Washington Square Park.

Coodence said...

Nice Ang! I totally saw Patricia Heaton, too! Good call!!

Randi said...

Fabio. Several stars from Y&R. Jimmy Kimmel. Rick James's wife. Jesse Metcalf. Peter Torke from the Monkees. Gillian Anderson. A few other peeps. LA is like NY. You see 'em, you place 'em, you ignore 'em.

Jessica said...

The Russian from Sex and the City (Mikhail Baryshnifov) in Washington Square Park

Dustin Hoffman on the train

David Schwimmer (sp?) on West 3rd Street

And the white dude from "Drumline"

Solanasaurus said...

Dr. Green from E.R.

Sasha said...

growing up in lala land, i've seen my share, from chatting w/ meg ryan, to bumping into most of the cast of fame at the grocery store - but last week, before boarding the plane back to louisiana, a shrill voice attached to skinny legs and a frizzy fro walked right by me. it was none other than richard simmons. he seemed to love attention and we talked briefly about rebuilding new orleans, he kissed my hand. i'll never wash it again.