Thursday, July 13, 2006

The worst fashion sensation to sweep the nation.

One of the things I learned on my trip to Denver and SoCal was that these shoes cannot be uglier or more ubiquitous. (If you have a pair and I've offended you - well I don't know what to say. How can you wear these?) I thought it was just all the people in Denver but then went to the Cali and saw them there.

Crocs - at first I thought it was a chef thing. Having seen Mario Batali cruise around Washington Square Park, I never even thought that normal Americans who weren't known for their eccentric cooking show would don a pair. But they have - and the continue to. This lady is totally sold. Whatever.

4 comments:

Nancy Gurl said...

Dont' just limit this to the west coast, take a walk outside, NYC loves this shoes too! I actually wanted a pair (I love ugly shoes that are not heels) but Jim told me he wouldnt walk down the street with me if I had them one.

I support all things ugly
haha

Randi said...

But wouldn't this be the equivalent of wearing Jelly sandals? The foot sweat alone would dissuade me from wearing them, nevermind their utter ugliness.

Anonymous said...

I also don't want to see nancy gurl in a shoe of this type - then again, I might have used Jim's threat as a way to bargin with him to not wear his shirt collar up.

If people are going to wear these - I recommend putting on a pair of Skid's as well - might as well just go totally crazy...

Solanasaurus said...

I tried a pair on once, and they felt so good to walk in. *Super* comfortable. But yeah, too ugly for words. The worst thing is, now you can get imitation Crocs too. None of the comfort, all of the ugliness.