Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Three disparate things

1) I made a great salad the other day, I call it the Sally salad because this woman Sally is the inspiration, though this is not exactly her recipe:

Sally Salad
1 bag baby spinach
1 pint of raspberries
half cup of pecan pieces
1/4 of a small red onion
crumbled blue cheese
Annie's Naturals Low Fat Raspberry Vinaigrette

That's it, mix it up when you get where you need to be and yum.

2) Have you seen the new Dunkin Donuts ads? "It's like 1 million degreeeees." Well that's what I was singing on the way to work this morning because that is what it is. Like 1 trillion degreees. Particularly on the subway platform. Everyone is sweating.

3) Great quote from The New Yorker Talk of the Town piece "Rules of the Game: Can we forgive him?" by Adam Gopnik:
(People who tell you that it is possible to think too hard about things are always the ones who aren'’t good at thinking about things in the first place, just as people who tell you that you can make yourself sick from too much exercise are always the ones who don't exercise at all.)

Speaking of exercise, I'm returning to Pilates today after a several week long hiatus. Not looking forward to it.

3 comments:

AWE said...

Sounds like a good recipe. There are some red raspberries growing close to my house. I will pick some and try it out.

Very hot and humid here, nasty humid.

Nancy Gurl said...

I went out for watermelon at 10pm last night at it was 90 DEGREES. TERRIBLE

Randi said...

Dude. Line 3? My mom tells me that shit all the time re: the exercise. Oooooookay, diabetes.