Monday, March 13, 2006

It was everything I hoped it would be

The Sopranos starter was as good as the hype. If not better. Leave it to these guys to totally pull the rug out from under your feet in the first episode.

In effort to be and remain as cheesy as possible, me and babe partook in a special italian american feast prior to watching the show. I made Rachel Ray's Muffuletta:

Ingredients
1/2 cup hot pepper salad or giardiniera
1/2 cup pitted Sicilian green olives
A drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary, a couple of sprigs or, 1 teaspoon dried, 1/3 palm full (I couldn't find any fresh rosemary so I left this out)
1 large round loaf crusty bread, 10 to 12 inches
1/4 pound sliced Genoa salami or sweet sopressata
1/4 pound sliced capacola spicy ham
1/4 pound sliced provolone


Instructions
Chop pepper salad or giardiniera in a food processor with olives. Split bread and drizzle bread with extra-virgin olive oil and sprinkle with chopped rosemary. Spread the olive salad on the bottom of the bread very liberally. Pile the meats on top of the olive salad, then layer cheese over meat and cover the giant sandwich with the bread top. Press down to set the sandwich, then cut into 4 wedges.

MMM MMM MMM you guys! It was delicious. Plus, I got all the ingredients from an italian specialty grocery store on 9th avenue and the bread from Amy's bread near my place. Come over! I'll make you delicious food.

1 comment:

AWE said...

Remind me not to read your blog before lunch. There went my diet. ;-)