Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Well, whatcha readin?

I know, you guys are dying to know what I am reading this week!!

First off, another James Baldwin classic, Giovanni's Room about a twenty-something American living in Paris in the 1950s. Baldwin, a black author, has a main character who is white and bi sexual, who has both a male, Italian, lover (Giovanni) and an American, young and pretty, lover. I've finished this one, thank god, before the semester started.

Then, because that surely isn't enough, I'm reading Whitewashing Race: The Myth of the Color Blind Society. This here book is teaching me some extremely interesting arguments involving race and racism in the US of A. So far, the best thing I've read for my class.

1 comment:

Randi said...

I'm reading my math book and Entertainment Weekly. I win.