Thursday, February 09, 2006

Grammy's

Randomly took in the Grammy's last night. And what I mean by random is that I am the least best person to ask about popular musica. Honestly. I remember way back when when Nancoi tried to force me to listen to the radio at least once a week so I'd at least know the tunes people were talking about. I didn't and I don't.

I didn't know too many of the songs so was of course surprised by a number of things:

  1. I know I've said this before, but it bears repeating, when did Mariah come back you guys? I'm dead serious here. Isn't she mocked and/or ridiculed? How did she end up nominated for album of the year?
  2. Who is John Legend?
  3. Did Kelly Clarkson really win a grammy or was I hallucinating?
  4. That's the first pregnant pic I've seen of darling Gwen (where have I been?!) and I thought she looked beautiful of course but also kinda sad. Why?
  5. Bono won everything in case you missed it. By the end (or right away) I had to mute it every time they came on.
  6. Do people take Christina Aguilera seriously? She's got a set of pipes, that one. I'm not say I don't take her seriously (incidentally, I don't) but I'm just wondering if the world does.
  7. Kanye West is poised to take over the world. That guy has the best smile in show business.
  8. Still crushing on Ellen Degeneres.
  9. Paul McCartney is hella old!

That's all for now. If I think of anything further, I'll be sure to come on back.

4 comments:

Randi said...

Mariah Carey is a has-been and is John Legend not the mad? Dang. I'm about to buy that CD. Did I watch the Grammys, though? Negative.

Nancy Gurl said...

I tried and I failed.
No I have an Ipod so I paddle in the same waters as you.
Ha....the good ol days
I tried to make you listen to hip hop, you tried to teach me about the Feministic Shift.
Do you see how much smarter you are than me. Mariah Carey is the root of all evil and she is still a joke, my dear.

Danielle said...

Oh, Mariah, please don't come back. What a train wreck that one is.

Don't know John Legend, but I hate his name. It sounds like some producer went, "Hmmm...let's see...John Lennon...is a legend ...I've got it kid, let's name you John Legend!"

Who knew Gwen was preggers? Not I. Wonder why so sad. Her husband has a great name, Gavin...where can I meet a man named Gavin, or Nigel, or Basil?

Let's talk about old, did you see Mick Jagger and Keith Richards? Ay, yay, yay.

Mona said...

Ha, enjoy your synop. of the Grammy's last night. I missed it, not sure what I was doing. Am I getting too old for the Grammies? That's a scary thought...I do love Gwen, and though can't believe she's made it after the Idol show, Kelly does have a solid set of pipes. I was talking to someone about the Halftime show at Super Bowl last year being Paul McC and how awful it is...sad but true...don't wanna hold his ha-a-a-a-a-a-a-and. Don't get me wrong I love the beatles, but not so much the Paul McC solo projects.