Monday, January 09, 2006

Kong

Spoilers within.

Totally went and saw the blockbuster and action packed King Kong yesterday. Not about penguin families at all! It's about a monkey, and in the end of the movie (don't read this if you don't know what happens at the end) the big monkey eats it! Bummer.

The special effects were awesome and the whole 1 hour at the end of the film spent perched atop the Empire State Building is really a sight to behold. It takes the now skinny Peter Jackson two hours to get back to New York City so if you can't stand a really long movie, don't go see this one. I think he could have cut out a couple of the scenes in the jungle, but I am not in charge of that. The huge bugs were absolutely realistic and disgusting and may prevent you from sleeping, so con quido!

In any case, thumbs up to King Kong and thumbs up to a fantastic weekend spent cooking meals at home.

3 comments:

Mona said...

So glad you liked it as much as I did! I mean, yes, it's long, but the effects and kongbaby is so worth it. I fell in love with that animal/gorilla/whatever you want to call him. Is that weird? No, but I was sobbing at the end. He was so real. I decided he's one of my favorite characters of all time. I thought some of the effects were a little ridiculous..the brontosaurus stampede was a little too much for me to handle but other than that..just awesome. And the NYC scenes were beautiful. Did you know the guy that got eaten by the worms with fangs was the guy who played Kong?

Randi said...

Andy Serkis of Golum fame from LOTR was the one-eyed cook AND Kong. Go figure.

Coodence said...

Mona - it made our city look so awesome, right? I loved it. Poor little monkey, he sure did bite the big one.

Randi - you know many things.

I know one thing for sure, when the guy got eaten by the huge worm thing I was writhing in my chair with my eyes covered as if in my own sort of pain.